Janine Larsen, District Executive for the UUA in the Pacific Northwest, has posted an article on the District’s home page (www.pnwd.org) providing some background on why the PNWD will be participating in a Regional Assembly in San Jose, CA, this year, instead of a District Assembly.
The article also lists several features to look forward to at Regional Assembly April 26-28, with links for additional details.
- Keynote Speaker the Rev. Christine Robinson
- Full Community programs for UUs of all ages
- All-day theme tracks – Get Religion, Grow Leaders, Cross Borders
- An alternative to the theme tracks, an “Option Track” with shorter workshops
- Worship, music and religious presence
- PNWD’s Annual General Business Meeting – offsite delegates can participate, too
- Pacific Northwest UU Growth Foundation Annual Business Meeting
- Candidates Forum for UUA Moderator, with nominees Tamara Payne-Alex and Jim Key
- Hotel and airfare discounts, scholarship funds, opportunities to volunteer, and reduced rates for youth, children, young adults, retired ministers and partners, and Candidates for UU ministry. Alaska congregations, contact the district office for information on travel assistance for your delegates.
- Sunday offering for a Pacific Western Region future fund, to support innovation in living our Big Faith * No Borders
- Professional Days for the combined chapters of Liberal Religious Educators (LREDA) and UU Ministers Association (UUMA)
- State Legislative and Justice Networks summit meeting
Registration for Regional Assembly is now open! Visit the new website for the UUA Pacific Western Region to find out more and register on-line!