July 1, 2021
Dear Chalice Lighter,
Thank you for being a stalwart and generous donor to Chalice Lighters! Your donations for the fiscal year just ending, over $61,000, are already 17% more than the previous year. Since its inception in 1990, you have provided over $900,000 to help our congregations grow! This is pay-it-forward generosity, at its best.
This is your Fall Call for the 2021-2022 church year: fund Growth Technology Grants. As congregations decide when to reopen for in-person services, their interest in “hybrid” services, that can also be attended virtually by congregants in their homes using their computers, has mounted. This capability is especially important to serve those whose immune systems are compromised or who for a variety of reasons believe it to be unsafe for them to attend indoor worship services. We PNWD Chalice Lighters can help provide equipment to meet this need, as well as more traditional applications of technology, such as assisted listening.
Your congregation may be one of those who need equipment to provide such capabilities. If so, encourage your leaders to apply for a Chalice Lighter Growth Technology grant. A revised application form is available here. The form contains further guidance on award criteria. We will accept applications until the call closes, October 31, 2021.
Extension of time to qualify: In order not to unduly restrict which congregations can receive help, as well as to incentivize Chalice Lighter participation, your congregation has until October 31 to register the required number of Chalice Lighters (30% of your registered number of members) and establish FY 2021 Honor Congregation status.
Please make your Fall Call contribution now!
- Make a one-time gift of $20, $50, or $100 online at the PNWD giving page.
- Mail your check, payable to “PNWD Chalice Lighters” to: PNWD Chalice Lighters, P.O. Box 567, Brighton CO 80601. Please include the PNWD-CL designation and the name of your congregation on your check.
- Choose to have your gift deducted monthly from your credit card or bank account using the PNWD automatic giving page.
- Donate to all three of this year’s calls now to save time later.
- Consider becoming a Chalice Lighter “Angel” by contributing an amount in excess of $1000.
David P. Cauffman, PNWD Chalice Lighter program coordinator
Finer points: Direct costs to administer the call are reimbursed from donations before issuing grants. More of your money will go toward the grant if you opt for emailed call letters and contribute online.
P.S. Strengthen fellow UU congregations in your district with your Chalice Lighter contribution today!